Well, we’re up to Proverbs…and I gotta admit, I’m kinda stoked about this.
Chapter 2 hit me this morning with it’s depth and clear instructions…
Verse 1 starts with a big ole “IF”…”My son, if you…”
- Receive my words
- treasure up my commandments with you
- making your ear attentive to wisdom
- inclining your heart to understanding
- call out for insight
- raise your voice for understanding
- seek it like silver
THEN you will…
- Understand the fear of the LORD
- find the knowledge of God
- Understand the righteousness and justice, equity, every good path [to v9 now…]
- wisdom will come into your heart
- knowledge will be pleasant to your soul
- discretion will watch over you
- understanding will guard you
- delivering you from the way of evil
There are a few conditions to this though: [v7]
- He stores up sound wisdom for the upright
- he is a shield to those who walk in integrity
So, who wouldn’t want all that?
Again the theme of “walking” appears in the Bible. It’s amazing how much that pops up.
Giving a sneak preview into Chap 3 are some of the most famous verses in the Bible:
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him and he will make straight your paths
How are we walking lately?