Well the last day has arrived. What a great conference this has been!
This morning Bob Kauflin lead us in worship – that is always a joy. Here is the set he did – again thanks to Bob’s blog WorshipMatters.com for listing:
Saturday AM – Bob Kauflin and band
Come Praise and Glorify
When You Move
O Great God (Bob Kauflin)
Behold our God
I LOVE the song “Behold Our God” – in fact I am introducing it to our church this Sunday, unless Hurricane Irene interrupts that plan. It is I think the conference favorite…what great lyrics that exalt our Lord and a very singable and catch melody as well.
Craig Cabaniss spoke at this last general session. His message was titled “Gathering to Commission.” Sovereign Grace has posted the audio for the message here.
Here are a few bullet points that stuck out to me:
- Our services are the intersection of gathering and mission
- Church gathers to praise and build up but then scatters on mission
- Gathering should be missionally potent
- God is present at these gatherings for many reasons – to save, etc.
- 1 Peter 2:4-12
- Who we are:
- Chosen race
- Royal priesthood – we are all priests – Heb 13:15 – we continually offer sacrifices up to God
- Holy nation
- People for his own passion
- Proclaiming the excellence of him who called you – v11-12
- Word for proclaim is used only 1 time in all Greek NT – meaning to declare/tell/count
- used in Psalm 79 in the Septuagint
- Proclaim the excellencies like you would proclaim the greatness of your new favorite restaurant coming to town!
- Ps 96/105 – Come and see!
- Proclaim the gospel
- We gather for God
- to declare his praises before those who may be in darkness – what what we sing matters
- How we arrive, how we participate declaring his worth responding as one touched by mercy – they should leave knowing we believe in Jesus!
- We are all gathering to commission – there is mission going on!
- We gather and go – lather, rinse, repeat
- Come and see – go and tell!
- People of God gather in the presence of God to proclaim the excellencies of God
- Ensure the gospel is on display and clear
This was a GREAT conference, I can’t wait until 2013. If you don’t know much about Sovereign Grace, I urge you to check them out: