This Sunday, we are taking 19 people (13 high school students, 5 leaders, 1 local expert) to Annotto Bay, Jamaica to support the Annotto Bay Gospel Chapel with some building projects and hopefully help with evangelism in the local area.
The team is very excited to go, some of us are traveling outside the country for the first time so this is an exciting event – one that we hope will open the eyes of many and also provide invaluable faith-boosting experience. We have much to be thankful for already – God has provided all of our financial support, all of our supplies are purchased, we have been meeting together regularly for prayer and preparation. We have a great group going this year.
One of the things we did to prepare was go through the book, Let the Nations Be Glad, by John Piper. In it, Piper writes, “Missions is not the ultimate goal of the church, worship is. Missions exist because worship doesn’t.” The gospel message is literally “good news” – but, not only the good news of salvation from sin in Jesus, but the good news that we have a King. A loving and sovereign creator God and our purpose is a life of passionate, joyful, obedient worship of Him. This is a life that transcends circumstances and brings fulfillment, peace, and hope.
We would love for you to pray for us. Please pray for….
- Safety in travel and no hiccups thru customs
- Protection as we work
- Group unity, patience, humility, servant hearts
- Opportunities to share Jesus
- For the local church to be built up
- That according to God’s riches of glory, he will grant us to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in our inner being, so that Christ may dwell in our hearts through faith…
- Pray also for Pastor Ryan and another Green Pond Bible Chapel group traveling to Israel at the same time.
I cannot guarantee daily summaries as wifi may not be available, but I will try my best. Stay tuned!